300g pork ribs - blanched
1 mao gua - peeled and cut into cubes
1 pkt brown beech mushroom - washed and ends trimmed
2 slices ginger
2 cloves garlic - unpeeled
1 1/2 cup water
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp huatiao wine
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp cornstarch
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Marinate meat for one hour or more. Set aside.
- Heat up a large pan and saute the mushrooms until fragrant. Add oil and stir fry pork ribs for one minute. Add ginger and garlic and continue to stir fry for another minute.
- Add sauce and quickly stir fry for a while. Add water to the pan, cover and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add melon to the pot and continue to simmer for 10 to 15 mins or until melon is cooked to desired softness. Stir in cornstarch solution.
- Ladle into serving plate and serve warm with rice.