8 oz angel hair spaghetti
1 portobella mushroom - cleaned and sliced
1 carrot - cut into strips
2 cups shredded cabbage
8 prawns - deshelled and deveined
2 eggs - beaten
1/2 onion - chopped
3 cloves garlic - chopped
1 shallot - chopped
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tbsp fried shallot oil - for coating cooked spaghetti
3 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp black vinegar
- Cook spaghetti in a pot of salted water according to package instructions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add 1 tbsp fried shallot oil and toss to mix well. Set aside.
- Heat up 2 tbsp oil in a wok. Fry the eggs till cooked. Dish up and cut into strips for use later.
- Add mushroom to the wok and saute them till they are lightly browned. Set aside.
- Add another 1 tbsp oil to wok. Fry the onion, garlic and shallot till fragrant. Add prawns, carrot and cabbage and stir fry over high heat for 1-2 minutes. Drizzle sauce and add chicken broth, cooked spaghetti, mushrooms and fried egg and toss to mix well for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds. Serve with your favourite chilli sauce or tomato ketchup.