1/2 pumpkin - remove outer skin and seeds and cut into slices
1 carrot - peeled and sliced
1 potato - peeled and sliced
1 white onion - peeled and sliced
1 cup chicken stock
3 tbsp fresh milk
salt and pepper to taste
pinch of cinnamon powder
half and half
2 basil leaves
1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat up oil in a pan. Saute the onion till fragrant. Add 1 tbsp butter and melt it. Add pumpkin, carrot and potato slices and fry for 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock and cover. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or till ingredients are softened
- Transfer to a blender and puree the soup till it is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the pureed soup back into the pan and stir milk into it. Add salt and cinnamon powder to taste.
- Ladle into a serving bowl. Garnish with freshly ground pepper, half and half cream and sweet basil.
- Serve warm with some crusty bread.