1 lb pork ribs - blanched
2 medium-sized potatoes - peeled and cut into large cubes
1 large carrot - peeled and cut into large cubes
2 slices ginger
2 cloves garlic - smashed
1 small piece cinnamon stick
2 star anise
handful of sweet basil leaves
1 cup water
1 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp rice wine
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine
1 tbsp thick sweet soy sauce
- Marinate pork ribs with seasonings for 30 minutes or more.
- Heat up oil in a pot. Fry the ginger, garlic and pork ribs for a few minutes till lightly browned.
- Add sauce do a quick stir fry. Add water, cinnamon stick and star anise. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let it simmer for 45 minutes under low heat.
- Add potatoes and carrots and continue to simmer under medium low heat for 20 minutes or till they are tender. Add more water if it becomes too dry.
- Add basil leaves and mix well. Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm.