4 cups hollywood plums, washed and pitted
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Chop the plums into quarters. Place them in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and stir occasionally to prevent it from burning and remove any foam during the stirring.
- Let it simmer for an hour or until the mixture is slightly thick. I like the consistency of my jam to the thickness of it dropping by heaps within seconds when dropped from a ladle. Turn off heat.
- Boil the jars and lids in a pot of boiling water. Remove the sterilized jars from the pot using a tong.
- Ladle the jam into the jars leaving about 1 cm space on top. Cover with lid and let it cool.
- When the jam has cooled, store them in the refrigerator and enjoy the delicious plum jam.